Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Handcrafted Arigatou!


I have always loved hand-making cards for people. This particular card was made for my room-mate Kinuko's mother. She's not really my roommate, but she's rented a room in our house for a while now and we've become good friends. 

A while back, Kinuko was shopping with me while I was looking for cute hair accessories at the mall. We talked about how much cuter and cheaper they were in Japan, and I thought that was that, but a few weeks later I received a large package packed full of cute headbands, hairties, and clips from Japan. Apparently Kinu asked her mother to buy me some accessories from some stores in Japan, including Claire's, which oddly enough is aimed at a much older audience over there.

After an incredibly awkward "thank you" conversation over webcam with her mother, I decided I should send her something! I found out she liked owls and hand-crafted things, so voila, my card.


My hand writing is so small! 

Sorry for the poor quality, I took these in a rush while I was going to the post office.



2 comments:

  1. dude....can you really speak japanese like foreal? DID YOU WRITTE ALL OF THAT? from ur head?

    ur amazing.

    ReplyDelete