Sunday, April 5, 2009

Clarity


Our emotions often distort our perceptions of ourselves and our world. 

You have to be greatful for those moments - or maybe those hours, days, weeks - in which you feel as if you are seeing yourself clearly. Sometimes all it takes is a little nudge to realize how fortunate you really are. Sometimes, you just can't help but feel an overwhelming sense of gratitude towards whoever or whatever is out there.

In my case, I'm grateful for my mind and my health.
...for my parents who continue to support me in whatever I do.
...for my older brother and sister who taught me what my parents didn't, and continue to.
...for my sense of security, for my opportunities, for my education. 
...for real laughter, love, and moments of peace and truth.
...for naps in the sunlight, for the safety of a good hug, for new memories.
For so much more than I can even begin to enumerate.

And sometimes, really, you just gotta wake up and think:

Gosh, I'm a lucky girl. 

2 comments: