Sunday, April 25, 2010

Reel


Whenever I listen to piano music a reel of images plays through my head like a movie. There are no words, but I know the story, and the details of the image leave nothing unsaid.

Gnnossienne No. 1 by Eril Satie .. inspires the same image from my mind every single time I hear it. The background is in fluent motion, but the two images in the forefront remain solitary save for the blinking of their eyes. Expression says it all.

I wish I could take up the initiative and make time to learn to play.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know what you mean. The piano soundtracks from all the final fantasy games are probably some of my favorite, and are perfect for whatever occasion [okay, maybe not the gym, but you get my point]. I really wish I could play the piano, we should learn together! :D I know Sarah is super duper good.

    ReplyDelete