Monday, October 26, 2009

PreGraduation Introspection


The world is a vast place, a provider of never ending possibilities, pathways, and trajectories that my life could follow. I often find myself trying to prioritize all the things I would like to do and accomplish, but there are just so many. Sometimes I get caught up in pondering what to do instead of doing; it reminds me of that old saying, "Dreamers never live, only dream of it." I used to look upon this scoffingly - I have always been a dreamer, daydreamer, what have you - but I can see the point that is trying to be conveyed. I need to just do the things I want to, instead of pushing them away because of what I consider a priority. Inclusion but not dominance is key.


At times I have to take on the persona of someone mature and accomplished, but faced with the possibility of being thrown out into the real world I tend to feel uneasy. I am still such a child. Do we remain children forever, constantly adapting, reforming mindsets, gaining new knowledge and experiences? Always thinking that we have reached capacity, only to find hidden rooms and spaces? Maybe my shoes are not filled out just yet. Walking in these shoes is doable, but at times is uncertain and uncomfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment