Saturday, October 24, 2009

Hmn.

Spent the whole day pondering what I would do after I was finished with errands.
Got invited to two Halloween parties, and turned them both down...why?
I wanted to go somewhere. I wanted to wear my costume. I wanted to laugh and have fun...and yet, I constantly find myself refraining from going to parties. I usually start out knowing one or two people, and I do socialize a bit, but somehow the scene is not for me. I would prefer a smaller gathering, if I had friends who actually lived close and knew one another.

It takes some effort to get to know me - something that is incredibly difficult to do at a party full of mainly inebriated strangers. People tend to want instant gratification in new friends and that's usually just not me.

Instead, I think I will get some coffee and go ice-skating with one of my newer friends. This sounds more appealing to me than any other of the options I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment