Monday, August 16, 2010

21st Birthday!


So this Saturday was my 21st! Wooo. I was trying to keep it low key in preparation for Vegas next weekend, but I ended up doing a lot. In the morning I ate at Las Brisas at Laguna Beach with my mother and ventured over to Tiffany's to order a necklace. I'm not usually a Tiffany's sort of girl, but I wanted to a piece from their collection and thought it would be a nice gesture to remember my parents while I'm not near home.

In the afternoon I got my nails done and then went to RA sushi for happy hour with my sister and some friends, had a few drinks (including a birthday shot that tasted oddly enough like chocolate cake), dropped by home for cake and ice-cream with the family, went to see Scott Pilgrim (it was nerdtastic, I would like to see it again!) and then headed over to a friend's get together to throw back a few more drinks and socialize. It was a really fun birthday, and despite it being my 21st, I was pleasantly tipsy all the while.

On Sunday my brother was nice enough to take me to Hondaya for some drinks and izakaya food, and he also got me two really thoughtful gifts: a much needed external hard-drive and a pair of solid black Toms I'd been pondering over for a while...though that's not to say that I didn't receive very thoughtful gifts from all of my friends and family. :)

It does not feel much different being "legal" or what have you, but it's nice to be on the same page as a lot of my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment