Sunday, September 27, 2009

Rant.

Sometimes I feel like our society supports a very negative stigma about treating mental health.

Because hey, if you need to go to a therapist of psychologist, there must be something extremely wrong with you, right?

Usually if I mention to people that I have been to a therapist, I get all the physical cues of uncomfortableness; the slight raise of the shoulders, rapid blinking of the eyes, aversion of gaze...Since when was it an odd notion to take care of yourself? Sure, you can try and work things out all on your own, I'm all for that, but why are alternate options looked down upon so often?

Personally, I think that everyone should have some sort of therapist. Everyone has problems. It's nice to have an objective listener to work them out with.

No comments:

Post a Comment